In a bid to salute the brave hearts of our country, IRCTC Air offers special fare for all serving and retired defence personnel and their dependents. While booking flight tickets under defence quota on the IRCTC Air app or website is quite simple, here are a few things you must keep in mind before starting your defence quota flight booking online.
- Number of Seats: As there is a restricted inventory available for the number of seats under the defense category, it is decided on a first come first serve basis. In case you find that the inventory is exhausted under the defence personnel category, you could choose to fly on a different date.
- Family: This quota is available not only for the serving and retired defence personnel but also for their dependent family members. These include dependent parents, spouses and children in the age group of 2 to 26 years. Married children are not considered eligible for this category.
- Documentation: The official IDs for defence personnel and dependent cards will be checked at the time of check-in. In case a passenger fails the verification stage during check-in, then they will be denied boarding the flight.
Defence Quota Flight Booking on IRCTC Air
Want to avail defence quota in flights? You can easily book a defence quota air ticket on IRCTC Air with your preferred airline such as defence quota Air India ticket i.e. defence quota flight booking on Air India, Indigo defence concession flights, etc. by following these steps:
Log on to www.air.irctc.co.in
– Select journey type (one-way, return or multi-city)
– Choose ‘Defence Force’
– Enter the origin and destination city/airport along with other relevant details such as the date of travel, number of passengers, class of travel, etc. and hit search.
– Choose your preferred flight from the list of options.
– Once you are satisfied with your choice of flight, you can proceed with the booking by adding passenger details along with the armed forces personnel/ dependents ID card number.
– Finally, complete the payment safely using your preferred mode. As soon as the payment is processed, you’ll receive a booking confirmation and email on your registered mobile number and email ID.
Super Saver Fare from Air India
Not eligible to get a discount under the defence personnel category? Don’t worry as we have something special to offer to you as well. Choose Air India to fly across India’s domestic network for your upcoming tour and enjoy the following perks:
- Unlimited date and sector change till two hours prior to departure.
- Freedom to travel anytime throughout the year without any blackout periods.
- Additional 5 kgs allowance in addition to your standard free baggage allowance at no extra cost.
- Higher chances of seat availability on every booking.
- Higher frequent flyer programme mileage.
This Maharajah e-Super Saver introduced by Air India is the best way to fly more and pay less. With so many benefits such as super flexibility, super availability and super price, you will truly feel like a ‘maharajah’ while travelling. Kindly note that this exclusive limited-time offer is available only through select authorised travel agents such as IRCTC Air.
Air Travel with IRCTC
There’s no denying the fact that when it comes to train ticket booking in India, IRCTC is the most preferred platform. But many people in our country are still not familiar with IRCTC Air, a reliable, secure and safe platform for online air ticket booking. IRCTC Air users not only have the opportunity to save big through concessionary fares and defence quota flight ticket booking but can also enjoy multiple benefits such as free air travel insurance worth Rs. 50 lacs, lowest convenience charge of just Rs. 50, easy multi-city booking, customer support, multiple payment options, user-friendly app, easy booking, quick cancellation, fast refunds, credit shell facility and lots more. To take your air ticket booking experience to the next level, switch to IRCTC Air today! Visit www.air.irctc.co.in or download the app from App Store or Google Play Store.