As the Covid-19 pandemic rages, there is no escaping the fact that we have to learn to travel in the new normal. Even as the idea of air travel is besieged by anxiety and worry, an opportunity to release the frustration built after months of staying at home is too hard to miss. On the bright side, cases reported on air travel spread have been minimal due to which passengers are once again considering air travel as a relatively safer mode of travel. If you are planning to take a flight in the near future for a leisure holiday or business trip, then here are a few tips that will help you and your family to make the safest decisions.
- Wear Face Mask at All Times: While most airports and airlines require that you wear a mask, you still might encounter passengers who are careless with their face protection. So, it is best to limit your social contact with others by wearing a mask when you are at the airport and in flight. Wear a surgical mask and follow it up with a cloth mask to stay double safe while flying.
- Keep a Disinfectant/sanitizer Handy: Airports and airplanes are filled with commonly touched surfaces, from door handles to escalator banisters. Most airports and airlines have adopted deep cleaning practices wherein they regularly disinfect areas such as seats, tray tables, seat belts, etc. But as an additional precaution, you can carry a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol along with a disinfectant to keep your hands and surfaces clean.
- Wash Your Hands Frequently: Hand hygiene is always important, even more so when flying in the times of Covid. To keep your hands virus-free, wash them frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face, nose, mouth, etc. Take extra precautions before and after eating and while touching surfaces such as seat tops, door handles, etc.
- Choose Comfortable Clothing: These trying times call for caution even while picking an outfit for the flight. It is advisable to cover your body as much as possible and wear clothing that ensures minimal contact. Comfortable track pants are a great choice. You can also wear protective glasses for your eyes and socks and shoes to keep your feet fully covered.
- Go Contactless: Reducing the risk of contacting Covid-19 while flying starts even before you leave your home. From completing your air ticket booking online to opting for web check-in, there are plenty of ways to go contactless. Choosing a reliable website such as IRCTC Air to book your flight tickets can go a long way to ensure that you have a smooth flight. From offering the most exclusive flight deals to the latest travel advisory to a simple web check-in, IRCTC Air ensures that passengers have the best possible flight ticket booking experience.
Whether you want to book a flight ticket at the last minute, have an airline enquiry, or want to reschedule your flight due to unavoidable circumstances, everything is easy on IRCTC Air. Choose from a wide range of reliable payment modes and complete your ticket booking online in the safest way possible. So, what are you waiting for? Head to www.air.irctc.co.in or download the IRCTC Air app now and fly safely.