“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s the party!” – Robin Williams
With the fresh dewy grass, the melting snow, the clear blue skies, and fresh, vibrant blooms everywhere, spring is in the air. The beautiful outdoors and the pleasant weather make springtime the best season for traveling and exploring new destinations. If you are looking to truly soak in the spirit of spring, then here are 8 gorgeous hill stations and mountain regions that bring the wonders of spring to life!
- Bir, Himachal Pradesh: India’s paragliding capital, the picturesque landscape of Bir is endowed with refreshing tea gardens and breathtaking valleys. Renowned for eco-tourism, adventure sports, and tranquil monasteries, it offers an idyllic retreat.
Nearest Airport: Kangra Airport, Gaggal Kangra City, Himachal Pradesh
- Darjeeling, West Bengal: The snow-covered Kanchenjunga, ubiquitous rhododendron flowers, and jaw-dropping views make Darjeeling a paradise for nature lovers during the spring season.
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri, West Bengal
- Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir: The heartland of winter sports in India, Gulmarg is a sight to behold during the spring season in India. The biosphere reserves, the gurgling springs, the strawberry fields, and the scenic lakes will leave you awestruck.
Nearest Airport: Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
- Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra: A favored summer retreat for people living in Mumbai and Pune, Mahabaleshwar is blessed with lush greenery, bubbling rivers, beautiful flowers, and delightful waterfalls.
Nearest Airport: Pune International Airport, Pune, Maharashtra
- Ranikhet, Uttarakhand: If you want to enjoy the simple joys such as long walks in the wood, sipping tea with a view of nature, and basking in the spring sun, then this lovely small town away from the touristy circuits, snuggled at the foothills of Himalayas is just the place you should visit.
Nearest Airport: Pantnagar Airport, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
- Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh: Home to the largest Buddhist monastery in India, Tawang is the perfect destination if you want to connect spiritually with nature. Birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama, it exudes tranquillity and purity.
Nearest Airport: Salonibari Airport, Tezpur, Assam
- Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: A gorgeous bouquet of nature tucked away in the Himalayan region of Uttarakhand, the Valley of Flowers is bestowed with rare, diverse, and exotic flora and fauna. An Indian national park, it is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Wayanad, Kerala: Kerala’s least populated district, Wayanad has everything from bird sanctuaries to waterfalls, from arduous treks to breathtaking views. Home to many indigenous tribes, it is a great place to celebrate nature and culture.
Nearest Airport: Karipur International Airport, Malappuram, Kerala
Fly to Your Favourite Spring Destination with IRCTC Air
Don’t let the worry of booking an aeroplane ticket come in the way of your holiday. Get the best air ticket booking offers in India and the most competitive price on air tickets, only on IRCTC Air, a one-stop destination for all your air travel needs. Complete your air travel booking online in a matter of minutes on IRCTC Air’s user-friendly website or mobile app and book flight tickets to any destination in India or abroad. Whether you want to book an air ticket to Gulmarg’s nearest airport or a flight ticket to the nearest airport to Ranikhet, IRCTC Air has pocket-friendly tickets from all the major airlines. Moreover, IRCTC Air users can avail of multiple benefits such as multi-city booking, credit shell, super saver, LTC tickets, special fares for defense personnel, rescheduling, quick refunds, reliable payments, 24*7 customer support, free air travel insurance, lowest convenience charge and lots more. Ready to become a loyal IRCTC Air user? Download the app now from App Store/ Play Store and make your flight ticket booking experience more rewarding than ever before!