As exciting as it sounds, winter travel can sometimes be very unpleasant if you aren’t prepared enough. The best way to enjoy travelling in winter and tick off those snowfall adventures from your bucket list is to take all the necessary precautions well in advance. Whether you encounter snow, ice sleet or freezing rain, it is advisable to follow all the safety rules and then you can fly safely to reach your destination. Want to get started?
Here are some simple tips and tricks.
- Check the Weather Report: Bad weather conditions can easily cause flight delays and cancellations. If you want to fly to your favourite winter wonderland, then make sure to check the weather forecast before getting the flight tickets. If you are booking your air flight tickets several months in advance, then you must keep yourself updated with the most recent weather predictions.
- Avoid Taking a Layover: Even if you are travelling to a distant destination, try to catch a direct flight. Missing a connecting flight can cause havoc with your entire travel planning so it is best to fly directly to your final destination. You might have to spend a little extra money on getting direct flight tickets but you will save time and avoid any last-minute hassles.
- Pre-Book a Cab: Whether you are taking an early-morning flight or a late-night one, it is best to book transportation from the airport to your destination. Unpredictable weather conditions can cause bad traffic jams and it is best to avoid being stranded at the airport. It is also a good idea to check your flight schedule just before finally booking your taxi.
- Pack as Per the Weather: While examining the weather, make notes and ensure that all your packing is weather appropriate. From thick jackets to scarves to mufflers to gloves, keep all things to stay warm. Sometimes, these places are also exposed to the sun so don’t forget to carry your sunglasses, sunscreen, hats and lotions.
- Have Extra Time Up Your Sleeve: Since you already know that erratic weather conditions can cause changes to the flight’s schedule, it is a good idea to keep extra time for a buffer. You can also avoid overcrowding the itinerary. Instead, keep a little room for flexibility so that slight delays or changes of plans can be easily accommodated.
Winter is a great time to travel and if you want to enjoy this climate to the fullest, then simply follow the above guidelines. And if you are looking for a smooth and seamless air-ticketing experience, then simply head to the IRCTC Air app or website and enjoy hassle-free international or domestic flight ticket booking. It is easy to book, cancel or reschedule flight tickets on IRCTC Air. Not only this, but you can also get quick refunds without any hassle. Ready to make the most of this winter? Visit the official IRCTC Air website at www.air.irctc.co.in or download the IRCTC Air app today from Play Store or App Store to complete air tickets online booking in India, get aeroplane tickets at the best price or book, cancel or reschedule air tickets anytime, anywhere.