The great Indian summer is coming to an end. If you still haven’t planned a late summer or monsoon vacation with your friends and family to escape the pandemic blues for a little while, then now is your last chance. We understand that popular tourist hotspots such as Manali and Mussoorie might not be the safest holiday destinations at the moment. But, so what? India is full of off-beat hill stations and soothing destinations that are close to nature and far away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Want to take a look at all the incredible destinations? Read on.
- Kalimpong, West Bengal: A pristine hill station in the foothills of Shivalik ranges, Kalimpong overlooks the Teesta valley from an altitude of 1250 m above sea level. It is believed that this area was ruled by Bhutanese kings for several years and the region is dotted with Buddhist monasteries, beautiful temples, and ancient churches that bear testimony to its fascinating history.How to Reach by Air: If you want to explore this delightful hill station, you can book a flight to the nearest airport which is Bagdogra in Siliguri, almost 50 km away from Kalimpong.
- Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh: Also sometimes referred to as the ‘Land of God’, Kinnaur is a great pick for adventure enthusiasts. With a wide range of options such as trekking, skiing, camping, and more, this beautiful district on the Indo-Tibet border offers an exciting escape from city life.How to Reach by Air: Fly to the nearest city and airport that is in Shimla, approximately 267 km from Kinnaur, and take a taxi to your destination.
- Majuli, Assam: If you are longing for a peaceful getaway to a lush-green landscape and pollution-free environment, then the world’s largest freshwater island is the place to be. Mostly inhabited by tribals, Majuli is a gorgeous island in the river Brahmaputra. Also, sometimes known as the ‘Cultural Capital of Assam’, it offers an interesting mix of culture, art, and traditions to tourists.How to Reach by Air: Book a flight to Jorhat which is about 20 km from Majuli and acts as a connecting link between this island and other major cities in India.
- Pahalgam, Jammu & Kashmir: A feast to the senses, a lot has been said and written about the surreal beauty of Kashmir. Pahalgam or ‘Valley of the Shepherds’ is a little hill station on the banks of the Liddar River. Enveloped in the alluring beauty of the Himalayas, it also boasts of a wide range of adventure activities including hiking, trekking, fishing, sledging, etc.How to Reach by Air: You can book flight tickets in India to the nearest airport i.e. Srinagar which is about 91 km from Pahalgam.
- Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand: As one of the oldest national parks situated on the foothills of the Himalayas, Jim Corbett is a popular tourist destination. But as there are several excellent resorts on the riverside, you can enjoy your holiday on the premises safely. The biggest attraction is undoubtedly the jungle and wildlife safari where if lucky, you can spot the royal Bengal tiger.How to Reach by Air: The nearest airport is in Dehradun at a distance of about 156 km from Jim Corbett.
- Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh: The birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama, Tsangyang Gyatso, Tawang is a beautiful and scenic hill station at an altitude of about 3048 m. Largely populated by Buddhist monks, it has several monasteries that exude an aura of peace and spirituality.How to Reach by Air: The airport nearest to Tawang is 143 km away in Tezpur which is well-connected to Guwahati and Kolkata.
Want to book cheap domestic flights to one of these soothing destinations? Complete online air ticket booking in India at the best price only on IRCTC Air. Get the best Air India flight fare along with several benefits such as the lowest convenience fee of Rs. 50, free air travel insurance, multiple payment modes, LTC tickets, the special fare for defense personnel, and more. Why choose just any random site when you can get assured flight tickets on IRCTC Air? To get started, visit www.air.irctc.co.in or download the IRCTC Air app from App Store/Play Store.