Two months after domestic flight operations were halted in India in wake of the coronavirus pandemic, airplanes are ready to take to the skies again. Rightly so, air ticket booking has resumed. To get the cheapest air tickets while booking online in India, you need to get your hands on the IRCTC Air app or website. A reliable portal, it makes cheap flight tickets readily available for users and also offers them some amazing benefits. Along with competitive airfares, IRCTC Air users get free air travel insurance up to Rs. 50 lacs, LTC claims, easy multi-city booking, round-the-clock customer care, and a wide range of payment options. As airlines try to recover their losses, air travel prices have shot to the skies, and getting a cheap flight ticket is extremely difficult. IRCTC Air is a one-stop solution for all your air travel needs so that you can enjoy a seamless booking experience and also avail the best prices. While the air ticket booking process has remained the same, your air travel experience has changed considerably. Here’s a look at a few pointers that can help you gear up for your next flight.
Before Reaching the Airport
- All passengers should familiarise themselves with the ‘new normal’ for air travel and must follow safe practices such as social distancing, wearing of masks, frequent hand washing, not touching too many surfaces, etc.
- Passengers are advised to complete flight ticket booking on IRCTC Air online using a digital payment system, followed by web check-in and obtaining a boarding pass. Baggage tags can also be downloaded from the website.
- It is recommended that passengers reach the airport 3 hours before departure so as to avoid any last-minute hassles and can go through the thermal screening facility without any rush.
- Excess baggage should be avoided. So, travel light and use only authorized taxi/personal vehicles that follow all the norms specified by the MHA.
- It is also a good idea to have the AarogyaSetu app set up on your phone and make sure that you don’t exhibit any Covid-19 symptoms. All passengers are expected to give a declaration to ensure the safety of fellow passengers.
At the Airport
- Passengers are required to wear protective gear such as masks throughout their journey and have to clear all screenings before they can be allowed to board.
- Social distancing will have to be maintained at all times and passengers will need to follow the clear markings like circles, squares, and barriers that have been specified at different points of the airport.
- Passengers will have to get baggage tags from the baggage drop counter and complete the entire check-in procedure at least 60 minutes before departure.
- The airlines will provide a safety kit with a surgical mask, face shield, and sanitizer that must be used before going ahead with the boarding.
- After clearing the final checkpoint, passengers can board the aircraft in a sequential manner and will have to maintain proper hygiene and sanitation during the flight.
Also keep in mind that newspapers, eatables, etc. won’t be available in the aircraft so pack accordingly. For a more detailed Covid-19 travel advisory, visit https://www.air.irctc.co.in/Covid19Advisory.
As “air ticket booking“ has to be done online, it is best that you download the IRCTC Air app to save time and effort. The app is available for both android and apple smartphones. If you want to know about the steps you need to follow to complete your “air ticket booking”, you can read about it here. For more information, visit the website www.air.irctc.co.in.