Do you spend hours scrounging travel blogs and hacks to make your trip more affordable? After all, we all want to undertake a dream vacation without spending a fortune. The best way to do this is by scoring low fare on air tickets for domestic/ international flights. Want to know how you can do that? Read on to know more.
- Be Flexible: If you have a particular destination in mind, be flexible with dates and if you have to travel at a certain time, then be open to a number of locations. Fixing both these variables leaves little room for grabbing a desirable deal.
- Always Browse Privately: Definitely one of the easiest and most effective ways to save money on flight tickets is by searching on private/incognito mode. This is because most airlines will quote a higher price for exactly the same offering if you’ve searched for that particular air ticket on the website previously. Also known as dynamic pricing, it is a very common occurrence and chances are that you’ve been subject to it.
- Travel Mid-week: Several studies and surveys have revealed that mid-week is the best time to fly as plane tickets are the cheapest at that time. Since most people travel on weekends, airlines offer low fare on air tickets for domestic as well as international flights.
- Utilise ‘shoulder-periods’: ‘Off-peak times’ in the travel industry are often referred to as shoulder-periods. Some months such as September, January or April are generally considered shoulder periods as they are less popular as compared to other holiday times. Most airlines offer their lowest fare on domestic as well as international flights during this time.
- Avoid Baggage Fee: If you’re worried about excess baggage charges, then invest in a luggage jacket or hand luggage bag that will allow you to carry all the necessary stuff without you having to pay any check-in cost. It is also a good idea to weigh your bags before leaving for the airport so that in case you exceed the allowance, you can remove some of the non-essential stuff.
- Get Free Insurance: Some amazing air-ticketing platforms such as IRCTC Air offer users free air travel insurance upto Rs. 50 lacs*. Not only this, the website also has the lowest airfare on domestic airfare along with the lowest convenience fee. Sounds too good to be true? Check it out for yourself here www.air.irctc.co.in
- Enjoy Stopovers: Do you want to undertake two vacations at the price of one? Make the most of airline stopover policy. All the major airlines in the world such as Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines and others offer very cheap stopover packages so that more and more people book a short stay en route to their ultimate destination. Utilize such offers to make the most of your travel budget and explore a new destination in just a fraction of the regular cost.
Travelling on a budget doesn’t always have to mean staying in low-cost hotels and cooking your own meals during a vacation. Some savvy and nifty travel tips can help you secure low fare air tickets especially for domestic flights so that you can splurge to your heart’s content during the holiday. And don’t forget to get the best prices for your air tickets, only on IRCTC Air. Download the app today!