Travel on your mind? The first step is understanding how to book flight tickets on your own. From obtaining travel visas to completing documentation, from finding decent accommodation to finishing all your packing; planning any holiday can be quite a task. It’s time to simplify at least one process through IRCTC Air- the mammoth task of finding the right flight deals & booking tickets, hassle-free. Want to know how? Just follow these simple steps to complete your online flight ticket booking to anywhere in the world.
- Go to the official IRCTC Air website i.e. air.irctc.co.in . Alternatively, you can download the IRCTC Air app from Play Store/ App Store and book flight tickets from the convenience of your phone, anytime, anywhere.
- The next step is to choose the type of ticket you want to book. On IRCTC Air, you can select from 4 different categories including one-way, round trip, multi-city as well as LTC. LTC or ‘leave travel concession’ on tickets allows government officials and employees to undertake one round trip in every four years that is funded by the government. IRCTC Air is the only official website where government employees can easily claim this concession on their airfare by providing the required documents.
- Once you select travel type, you would need to enter the station of departure and arrival. Users can easily choose from the drop-down menu that appears on clicking the ‘from’ tab or enter the name of the place manually. Once both the destinations have been registered, we can move onto the next step.
- The next step involves entering the dates of departure and return. All you have to do is click on the ‘departure date’ tab and a calendar will appear on the screen. Select your travel dates accordingly to move forward with your flight ticket booking.
- In the last tab, just select the number of travellers, class whether economy, business or premium economy and also choose your preferred airline, if any. Finally, just click on search and a list of air ticket options will be presented to you.
- After you find your preferred air ticket, click on ‘book’ to complete the process. The portal will ask if you want to use your GST number for that particular booking. If you choose not to, you will be redirected to another page showcasing a detailed airfare break-up along with the options for booking meals, adding extra baggage and selecting a seat of your choice.
- Moving on, share all the traveller details. If you’re an existing IRCTC member, then log in to your account. Otherwise use the ‘guest user login’ to fill in all the details. After providing all the details, you will be directed to the last page.
- Finally, take a look at the preview of your bookings and if you’re satisfied with all the information, you can move towards payment. On IRCTC Air, you are given the choice of multiple modes of payment including UPI, wallet, credit card, debit card, net-banking, etc. Just choose your prefered mode of payment to complete the payment process and receive the final copy of your tickets & invoice via email.
Isn’t this simple? And in case, you get stuck somewhere, you can reach call the 24*7 customer support helpline no.:1800110139. So, next time you’re wondering about how to book flight tickets, just logon to IRCTC Air and simplify your planning.