Want to book air tickets under defence quota? IRCTC Air should be your go-to platform. With a user-friendly interface, a seamless booking process and a reliable payment gateway, it is the best place to book tickets for Defence personnel. But before you start with the booking, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions that you may want to know.
- Availability of Seats: If you want to avail defence quota in flights, then you have to book your tickets well in advance. This is because there is a restricted inventory available for the number of seats under the defence category. Consequently, the availability of seats is decided on a first come first serve basis. In case you come across a flight inventory that is completely exhausted under the defence personnel category, then you can simply choose to fly on a different date.
- Family Members: Wondering whether family members are also allowed under this quota? Well, the defence quota category can be availed not only by those who are serving and retired defence personnel but it also extends to their dependent family members. This list includes dependent parents, spouses as well as children in the age group of 2 to 26 years. Children who are married are not considered eligible for this category.
- Documentation Required: Another common concern is the verification of official documentation. Fret not as the official IDs for defence personnel and/or dependent cards will only be checked at the time of check-in. But do keep in mind that if a passenger fails to clear the verification process at this stage, then they will not be allowed to board the flight.
Now that you know all the important things about booking flights under defence quota, let us take a look at the steps.
How to Book Flights for Defence Personnel on IRCTC Air
Want to avail defence quota in flights by booking tickets online? You can easily book an air ticket under defence on IRCTC Air with your preferred airline by following these steps:
- Log on to air.irctc.co.in or open the IRCTC Air app on your mobile
- Select journey type (one-way, return or multi-city
- Then choose ‘Defence Fare’
- After that you will need to enter the origin and destination city/airport along with other relevant details which include date of travel, number of passengers, class of travel, etc. and then you can press on ‘search’.
- Select a flight from the list of options.
- Once you are satisfied with your choice of flight, you can proceed with the booking by adding passenger details along with the armed forces personnel/ dependents ID card number.
- Finally, complete payment safely using your preferred mode of payment. As soon as your payment is processed, you’ll receive a booking confirmation with other details on your registered mobile number and email ID.
And that’s it. With just a few simple and easy steps, you will be able to book air tickets for defence personnel. Moreover, IRCTC Air offers several benefits to its users such as easy multi-city booking, round-the-clock customer support, LTC claims, free air travel insurance worth 50 lacs, multiple payment modes, secure online payments and best airfares among others. To get started with your ticket booking under defence quota on Air India or other well-known airlines, download the IRCTC Air app today or visit www.air.irctc.co.in.